7.5.13

MET Gala 2013

PUNK: Chaos to Couture, the latest exhibit organized by Andrew Bolton for The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art opened the other night. This is the fashion vanity fair that I am anticipating every year (even more than the Oscars). I am satisfied with fashion side of the event, dresses were fabulous, interesting and I finally I have something to whine about. Choices were hard to make but here there are:


Absolutely marvelous

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
1. Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen - this is sheer perfection, nothing to add it this case.
2. Anja Rubik in  Anthony Vaccarello - you go girl! Our Polish model superstar looked impeccable.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
3. Rooney Mara (with Riccardo Tisci) in Givenchy - and that's the girl who played with fire and won.
4. Cara Delevingne in Burberry - stunning: the dress, the makeup everything is gorgeous. I'm just wondering if the rumored cocaine scandal will jeopardise her career.
5. Sarah Jessica Parker in Giles with Phillip Treacy Hat - Carrie is bringing it without a doubt, couture perfection Ms. Parker!


Pretty, but there's just one little something...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
1. Anne Hathaway in Valentino - at the first sight I wasn't sure if it was her or Miley Cyrus. She looks great, but not sure about the blond hair. Sorry Anne (but hey at least she finally got the right dress for the event ;))
2. Dakota and Elle Fanning in Rodarte - I love Mulleavy sisters' designs, but there just sth not quite right with both outfits. Maybe it's the hair, dresses are beautiful thought and the younger sister once more prevails.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
3. Florence Welch in  Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci - the whole thing is so Flerence - mesterious and on edge, but I would do without fringe things on her sleeves.
4. Giovanna Battaglia in Dolce&Gabbana - our fashion editor as always in the spot light, but cabaret tights are a NO with that dress dear Giovanna, even when the theme is punk.
5. Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior - she looks really pretty, but that's the thing, pretty is just not enough. A piece of jewelry would do her good.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
6. Nicole Richie in  custom Topshop - I'm in love with the dress, but scary ghost hair - a huge, huge bleh.
7. Beyonce in Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci - a truly diva worthy outfit, but I would do with ankle length boots, and yes Beyonce will all know who runs the world.
8. Karlie Kloss in Louis Vuitton - loving the gypsy like dress, not loving the matchy shoes, or maybe it's just Karlie that's not working here?

Simply and truly - NO

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
1. Ashley Greene in Marchesa - I'm a little witch at my first prom ...
2. Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney - ... and here is my mischievous mother.
3. Ginnifer Goodwin in Tory Burch - I guess Ross made her makeup too (photo)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
4. Julianne Moore in Alexander Wang - she usually gets it right, but this one is so painful to look at. Very disappointing Mrs Moore.
5. Kristen Stewart in Stella McCartney - hey look at me in my silk-pyjama jumpsuit with lace!
6. Chloe Sevigny in Proenza Schouler - I've got so wasted last night that I didn't have time to wash my hair, but I took the best dress I had in my closet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
7. Christina Ricci in Vivienne Westwood - you are not Helena Bonham Carter, so please stop trying Christina.
8. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian in Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci - hi I'm Kanye West and I brought a huge pillow case with me.
9. Miley Cyrus in Marc Jacobs - I was fishing, got electrocuted and then wore a fish net to the gala. Hurray. But she's digging the punk theme, you have to give her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment