24.3.11

'60 vs '20 aka Mad Men vs Boardwalk Empire

How Mad can one Man go while ruling his Empire? lol I think I'm becoming a master in word games. Well, as you've already figured out from the title, it's time for some tv series fashion. That sounds serious and trust me - it is. The fact is that 'Mad Men' and 'Boardwalk Empire' were a breeze of fresh air in television and their connection to fashion makes it impossible not to mention both of them, but hey, let's try to keep things interesting! This is a showdown! We are choosing the winner (I mean fashion winner), so let me present contestants:

Jak widać, dzisiejszy post sponsorują seriale, a raczej ich modowy kontekst. Brzmi dość poważnie i właśnie tak być powinno.  Prawdą jest, że "Mad Men" wraz z "Boardwalk Empire" wnieśli pewną świeżość do świata telewizji, a pod kątem mody wręcz grzechem byłoby o nich nie wspomnieć, prawda? Postarajmy się więc troszkę to urozmaicić. Panie i ponowie przed wami ostateczne starcie i wyłonienie (modowego) zwycięzcy! Przedstawiam więc uczestników:

Exhibit A - Mad Men

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The magical trio - Betty, Peggy  and Joan. To tell you the truth, I am not a huge fan of the '60 taste, but I applaud those costume designers because everything is almost impeccable. Those three, and especially Christina Hendricks are able to pull off almost everything. Well, maybe apart from the times when Peggy is trying to be sexy. Honey, that just doesn't work for you.


Exhibit B - Boardwalk Empire

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Welcome to the elegant twenties. Can anyone produce better costumes? The answer is probably yeah, but I still think that someone did a hell of a job here. Well, the only thing that's killing me are those heels. But hey, it's hard to keep everything perfect, right?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 Paz De La Huerta. I HAD to distinguish her. Mostly seen without clothes on in the show, so it's hard to discuss her wardrobe (not to mention find any photos), but when she's wearing something, it is almost always breathtaking. Nevertheless, it's hard to concentrate on clothes when she's opening her mouth. That sound is, unfortunately, unforgettable.


(Author's note: In real life, I am not sure what is she doing when she's on a red carpet,but it is NOT working and that is to say it in the most polite way. She looks like a drag queen on crack with too much botox injected in her lips, by the way: honey, you need help. It's like every time she's on the red carpet she's got the look 'I don't know where I am and I don't think I know anyone in here' and apparently she is allergic to bras - never seen her wearing one. But hey, I'm not judging.)



And now, ladies and gentleman, after long hours of deliberation the jury decided that the ultimate winner is...



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Yeah! Hurray! I voted for it.

1 comment:

  1. Super zdjecia,zwlaszcza pierwsze,
    pozdrawiam
    Dorota
    www.jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete